Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

"Simply Scarlet"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now if only i had an animated GIF creator, then i could make a larger version of your GIF no prob

Comment

• Originally posted by Jive Guru
      Ahh! My secrets are being revealed! NOOOOOO!

*shrugs*

Yep, I built that pixel by pixel, I'm proud of my pixelly goodness, all 5 frames of it!

Here they are for your viewing pleasure.
      Oh my goodness, I can't believe you made this! She's so cute!

Comment

• Other than EasyToon, I can't think of any apps that offer GIF animation that are also freeware.

...then again...

A few minutes playing with the usual search engines reveals the existence of something called Microsoft GIF Animator, a 1.1MB freeware somethingoranother. It was small enough that I thought I'd fool with it and see if it's any good. Feel free to grab a copy and test drive it yourself, though.

Addendum: MS Gif Animator appears to be a pre-release application, freely downloadable until it's release as a commercial product. (no clue if that'll ever happen--I only read the EULA). While there's no facility to draw your own frames within the app, like EasyToon does, it will allow you to import and string together existing bitmaps, adding comments and adjusting timing/speed and such.

(disclaimer: There are probably other animators out there. Some of them might even be better than this one. MSGA just happened to be the first one that popped up when I went looking for free ones. Also, I got distracted by FLCL so my login expired before I could add this disclaimer)

Edited a third time to spell "disclaimer" correctly

---PCJ

Comment

• Originally posted by spydermonkey
          now if only i had an animated GIF creator, then i could make a larger version of your GIF no prob
          I wish I had the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleDot
            The GIMP allows GIF animation by using the layering system (each layer a frame).
            oy screw that... the site is just a bit to messy, i cant figure out where and how to download the program, after 5 minutes im just going around in circles

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleDot
              The GIMP allows GIF animation by using the layering system (each layer a frame).
              Does it allow onionskinning (displaying the previous frame--or two or three--as a ghost image beneath the current one) ?

---PCJ

Comment

• Hehe...cute avi, JG. :P

Comment

• Wow, thanks a whole lot guys, though I don't think I need Onionskinning or anything fancy like that. Just your basic put two and two together to get a pretty moving picture.

I actually think that Microsoft Gif Animator was the original program I used, but it was just a demo that expired after 30 days.

Comment

I actually think that Microsoft Gif Animator was the original program I used, but it was just a demo that expired after 30 days.
                    you mean its not like winrar where you can just keep making the 'buy now' window go away and use it indefinitely? :P
                    Final Fantasy 7

Comment

• "Damn, it's about time that nurse got back with my special treat! This has been the longest hospital stay ever!... but dang it was worth it!!"

Hope everyone enjoys!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• does this mean i get lollipop!!!

Comment

• Nice work as always man. I like the how it has the 'dreamy glow' effect to it too ^_^

Comment

Wow, thanks a whole lot guys, though I don't think I need Onionskinning or anything fancy like that. Just your basic put two and two together to get a pretty moving picture.

Hmm...well, the one I downloaded makes no mention of being a demo. Looking through the EULA and the "Readme" reveals nothing either. It's a version 1.0, for Win95, and "there is no technical support for this product". Maybe MS decided not to develop it as a full product after initially putting out a demo.

As for GIMP's animation functionality, I'm tempted to try it out, except that I already have that function in Deneba Canvas 7, which I got off some UK computer magazine coverdisc (best bargain I ever hit)

---PCJ

Comment

• Where did you download your copy? i can't seem to find any site that has a working dowload.

Comment

• Originally posted by G Force
                                Nice work as always man. I like the how it has the 'dreamy glow' effect to it too ^_^
                                That's just the meds taking effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X