Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

plus4chan closing down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plus4chan closing down

The image board admins at plus4chan have posted an announcement saying they're shutting down as of 1/1/18
    The explanation posted was

"The board software is broken in multiple ways and needs an extreme overhaul or replacing. The host recently upgraded PHP/mySQL and I don't know if that has left any time bombs (nor what, if any, version I could switch back to in order to avoid that.) I don't have the will, energy, or, frankly, interest to do so. (In my defense, I don't have the interest to do anything.)

It's only a matter of time until the next CP spam wave, and if this wave has certain features there's no sufficient method to stopping it.

Even without that, posting and other site actions routinely fail. This site has been on life support for about two years now, and I'm finally pulling the plug."

Huh.. that's a damn shame.. it really is..At least they gave us a forewarning about it.

Comment

Uhhh...yeah. Unlike another place that surprised the heck out of me, and I was an Administrator there.
      Every time an old person dies, a library burns down.

There's no shame in growing old. Some people don't get the chance.

Comment

sadly there's almost no activity there besides the dumping. the drawthread is practically dead

Comment

Working...
        X