Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

New Forum Sections/Areas Suggestions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
    Just to let you all know, I'm not ignoring ya, Just figured I'd start doing all the additions and modifications AFTER the upgrade, versus before. Less stuff to go wrong.
    Makes sense to me.
    The gentle touch of violin strings

Comment

Hey Cheetah,

Well only one suggestion really.

Well it would be nice to have a thank you button in the thread so we can thank others for the drawings and stories.

Yeah we have a rep but it does not say enough.
      Well also I know we can rate the threads and that can be cool. But I have also seen in forums where that can start fights with others.

Comment

I'd like to see the "thank you" button as well, but more importantly you can't see who's giving you rep points. I'm pretty sure this is a vbulletin version feature which will be resolved once we upgrade.

As for the upgrading, I urge you to do it as soon as possible so we can get the ball rolling properly.

Comment

I'd rather the members here be encouraged to post a comment, whether positive or negative, instead of just pressing a "Thanks" button. I have an issue with that. It's lazy, cynical and does not show anything to the guy/gal who worked hard at making something and sharing with us here. As a writer myself, I'd prefer some actual feedback than an automation with nothing to tell me other than "thanks."

Comment

I'm fine either way honestly but you do have a point.

Comment

Added a few new sections, added the misc section for basic stuff and what not.. Added the colorist's area and reordered things a bit. Moved a few threads, if I missed yours , let me know.
              Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

Added a few new sections, added the misc section for basic stuff and what not.. Added the colorist's area and reordered things a bit. Moved a few threads, if I missed yours , let me know.
                That's cool that we have a proper General Discussion section. Thank you.

Hopefully there'll be a Forum Games section coming soon too? That was one of my favorite and most frequented sections in WWOEC.
                My 3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Omega Ruby): 5155-3940-2343 (Shiny Pokémon wanted.)

My DeviantArt Page: prfctcellrulz.deviantart.com (Follow me on Twitter @Prfctcellrulz)

Comment

Originally posted by prfctcellrulz View Post
                  That's cool that we have a proper General Discussion section. Thank you.

Hopefully there'll be a Forum Games section coming soon too? That was one of my favorite and most frequented sections in WWOEC.

I'll be getting a bunch more areas set up "Post Upgrade" Don't you worry.
                  Cheetah - TJA Productions

Comment

I'll be getting a bunch more areas set up "Post Upgrade" Don't you worry.
                    Awesome. Can't wait. And again, thanks.
                    My 3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Omega Ruby): 5155-3940-2343 (Shiny Pokémon wanted.)

My DeviantArt Page: prfctcellrulz.deviantart.com (Follow me on Twitter @Prfctcellrulz)

Comment

Originally posted by sniperm1d View Post
                      I'd rather the members here be encouraged to post a comment, whether positive or negative, instead of just pressing a "Thanks" button. I have an issue with that. It's lazy, cynical and does not show anything to the guy/gal who worked hard at making something and sharing with us here. As a writer myself, I'd prefer some actual feedback than an automation with nothing to tell me other than "thanks."
                      Well you are right. But I been on lots of forums and even had a couple and people for the most part are lazy.
                      You are lucky if they hit a rep or a thanks. Well have to admit even I get lazy now and then.
                      You will find only a few who will comment to you. And thats the way it will always be.

Comment

It's only a ten-character minimum

Originally posted by sniperm1d View Post
                        I'd rather the members here be encouraged to post a comment, whether positive or negative, instead of just pressing a "Thanks" button.
                        Yes, definitely. A few artists told me they were disappointed when WWOEC adopted the "Thanks" button, so it would definitely be better to encourage people to use "Reply" instead.

As for negative criticisms, we just have to be very careful how "negative" is interpreted by others: a criticism pointing out problems with a piece or someone's work in general (what I'm sure you mean) is great. We don't want to falsely build anyone up, and most artists will accept it if done clearly out of good intent. But the simple "I don't like it" and "That's not any good" comments without further explanation will just drive artists away.

Comment

Well in light of all of that I suppose that it would be prudent not to have a "Thanks" button. The opinion of artists/writers has more weight due to the fact they're the ones providing content. I was unaware of the complaints.

Comment

As I posted in the last days before the shutdown, writers don't get as much attention regardless, due to it being an Image based site first and foremost.

That said, doing away with the "thanks" button or the rep system is not going to get anyone more reply posts. The people that took the time to read your story and feel invested enough to comment, will do so. The people mostly there for the pics, that just hit the "thanks" button will simply not say anything if the button is not there. no one is obligated to say anything about the works posted, and all the encouragement in the world is not going make contented lurkers comment. On average, over on WWOEC, it seemed that unless a member started actively posting from the start. it would take about a year and a half of lurking, before they would come out of their shell and start to leave comments.

I'll be honest I actually begged for feedback a time or two, before I came to realize that was just the way it was going to be.

IMO The thanks button actually does the opposite of what you seem to be saying it does. I believe it's getting the lurkers to at least do something to make it visible to you that they liked your work. I don't believe it's making people who regularly put their feedback to words, become lazy. and if its taking away any written replies at all, its the ones that look like this:

Great pic/story
                            luv it
                            need moar
                            Terra Branford sez.
                            It's springtime why not have a picnic in my grassy meadow.

Comment

Added the colorist's area
                              Thank You!
                              My Coloring Corner

Comment

If someone is moved enough by a work to say something useful or meaningful they will... it's not like the presence of a button is in some way preventing them from typing. And how much more useful is it for someone to keep typing one word responses of enjoyment?

If someone is so prone to being "too lazy" to do anything more than click a button, the button's absence isn't somehow going to make them less lazy. In such a circumstance, they're just as likely to do nothing at all... and how useful is that to an artist?
                                KS

Comment

Working...
                                X