Announcement

Collapse

Please consider supporting our server!

Do you enjoy parody artwork (rule 34?) We've been providing it to the new for over 24 years. It would be a great help if you could consider supporting us over at subscribestar! You can get there via this link https://subscribestar.adult/tjapalsupport , thanks so much for considering, every little bit helps!
See more
See less

New Forum Sections/Areas Suggestions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Sections/Areas Suggestions

Hey everyone,

Once again welcome to TJA , so over the years I've condensed the forum down as it was used less, but as some people have pointed out, they'd like more forum areas to help separate what's posted. I'm all ears, as I hadn't visited the old WWOEC forums I don't know it's layout, so please do suggest what you'd like to see added for areas in this forum! I'll be working with Vbulletin over next week to get us migrated to a newer version (ALL WHILE MAINTAINING SIMPLICITY I PROMISE!) So I'd like to make this a great artistic community for all of us. Let me know what you want!!

~Cheetah
    Cheetah - TJA Productions

Here's how we had things. It was a nice and effective system when it comes to picture posting. The Image Board section of the forum had subforums devoted to TV houses - Cartoon Network, Disney, Nickelodeon etc. and others brought by demand like Straight Shota, Mix and so on.

So If you wanted to post pics from a CN show you'd go to the CN subforum and make your thread there, and everyone who had pics to share of that toon would post them in that thread.

So let's say you're out to view certain pics. You'd go like this (presuming that the thread exists already):

Cartoon Network -> [subforum full of threads, searching, finding] -> The Powerpuff Girls -> post and/or fap

Same principle applies elsewhere.

Gee, I'm bad at explaining this or so I feel. Maybe someone has a screenshot or something.

Addendum: It may be important to note - on WWOEC we were used to having pictures within threads as opposed to purely galleries. WWOEC artists had their galleries, but they also always posted their work in their threads. This made both viewing new work and communication with the artists very simple and easy.
    Last edited by Izidor; 02-20-2016, 01:00 PM.
    The gentle touch of violin strings

Comment

It was basically a attachment system for posts, there were sections such as disney, nickolodeon related things, cartoon network, anime, video game etc.
      I do see there are attachment options in the reply system but if there could be a image board section divided into simple subforums which then lead into small subforums like i mentioned above and from there topics on a particular subject can be started

EDIT: For now my last old avatar used on wwoec is pretty much attachment for displaying what a reply in a image board thread would be like.
      All we need to be concerned about is how much of a load strain it would be on the TJA servers to create a subforum for image sharing(on wwoec image boards were regularly used by those who didn't necessarily use a "artists showcase" topic that often.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NOCRUORO; 02-20-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I would like to see a General Discussion area 'cause that's where I was most in WWOEC.

And like WWOEC it should have 3 separate subsections, one for General topics and news, one to post polls, and my favorite, the Forum Games section, where you can create and/or play games on the forum.
        My 3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Omega Ruby): 5155-3940-2343 (Shiny Pokémon wanted.)

My DeviantArt Page: prfctcellrulz.deviantart.com (Follow me on Twitter @Prfctcellrulz)

Comment

I would suggest that forum members be strongly encouraged in replying some feedback in the threads after an artist/writer posts something they worked hard on. Whether its good or bad. I found it lazy to simply "thank" the artist or raise their reputation instead of posting some feedback that would encourage artists/writers. I had an issue with that at WWOEC.

On the same note, I would rather not see this place turn into another big "hugbox" as it was over there. I shouldn't hold back my criticisms on something I truly dislike because its the "flavor of the millennium" with the majority. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperm1d View Post
            On the same note, I would rather not see this place turn into another big "hugbox" as it was over there. I shouldn't hold back my criticisms on something I truly dislike because its the "flavor of the millennium" with the majority. Just my two cents.
            I agree with this.
            The gentle touch of violin strings

Comment

I would be nice to have incest doujinshi sections like we had at WWOEC, but I'd like the other sub sections to get posted first, like ones for FOX, CN, & DISNEY and each section would have threads for the shows of those networks. But I'm sure everyone has already established that.

Comment

I had proposed the question to Cheetah earlier about starting a Disney thread for my collection, however without knowing where to put it leaves me at a stand-still. He did mention that an upgrade is in the works to bring TJA up to the same version that WWOECF was at, so the various "network houses" can be made.
                ATTN: DO NOT POST MY WORK TO RULE 34!
                "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
                -Groucho Marx

Comment

Actually going to the same version pal is on, but keeping all of the views and wettings fairly basic

Comment

Almost forgot to suggest a place to post comics with multiple pages. I am working on a 40+ page comic with Crocface and a new /ss/ comic of Timmy/Nicky is coming soon. I'll need a home to put them in.

Comment

Sounds good to me

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
                      Actually going to the same version pal is on, but keeping all of the views and wettings fairly basic
                      That's good because I find the fancy configuration a bit frustrating (for the way I do things), so I'll likely be spending all of my time on these forums.

Originally posted by sniperm1d View Post
                      Almost forgot to suggest a place to post comics with multiple pages.
                      TJA Galleries may be just what you're looking for to keep them organized while still posting new pages on the forums. (Not sure if you'd want to link or hotlink versus uploading to both places, but that will be figured out.) Whichever way you prefer, I look forward to it.
                      Last edited by FairySlayer; 02-20-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FairySlayer View Post
                        TJA Galleries may be just what you're looking for to keep them organized while still posting new pages on the forums. (Not sure if you'd want to link or hotlink versus uploading to both places, but that will be figured out.) Whichever way you prefer, I look forward to it.
                        I'd prefer to upload them on the galleries and leave a link on the forums to save bandwidth. At least to keep from making an unnecessary clutter of redundancy. If Cheetah or somebody who knows can tell me how or give me the ability to do it, I'll gladly upload what I have on the galleries right now, including fanfiction. It'll be something I'd want to do to get this place going.

Comment

Just to let you all know, I'm not ignoring ya, Just figured I'd start doing all the additions and modifications AFTER the upgrade, versus before. Less stuff to go wrong.

Comment

Most excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah View Post
                              Just to let you all know, I'm not ignoring ya, Just figured I'd start doing all the additions and modifications AFTER the upgrade, versus before. Less stuff to go wrong.
                              Awesome. I can't wait for the Forum Games section again!
                              My 3DS Friend Code (Pokémon Omega Ruby): 5155-3940-2343 (Shiny Pokémon wanted.)

My DeviantArt Page: prfctcellrulz.deviantart.com (Follow me on Twitter @Prfctcellrulz)

Comment

Working...
                              X